I looked over all the reading I got done this year, and I have to say that I had a very good year full of great books, wonderful characters, interesting worlds, good facts, and good discussions. So here’s a quick review, set to the 12 Days of Christmas (’tis the season!)…
- 1 Fantasy Epic – Game of Thrones: A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin
- 1 Contemporary Fiction – Life of Pi by Yann Martel
- 1 Adventure/Mystery – Inferno by Dan Brown
- 2 Sets of Fairy Tales – Hans Christian Anderson & Gypsy/Roma Folklore
- 3 Science Fiction – favorite was Ender’s Game by Scott Orson Card
- 6 Historical/Biography – Madam Tusseaud, Nefertiti, and Steve Jobs among others
- 7 Business Books – and countless articles for my MBA and now my MBA book club, most recent was What I Didn’t Learn In Business School
- 7 Young Adult – Percy Jackson series mostly
- 8 Historical Romance – mostly by Karen Witemeyer
- 10 Western Romance – Lorelei James (oh my)
- 39 Paranormal Romance – Larissa Ione, Carolyn Jewel, Rebecca Zanetti, Heather Killough-Walden, and more
- 47 Romance – Kerry Allyne & Lucy Monroe had the most hits from me this year
Of all the books above, my favorites were…
- Ender’s Game – I loved how we got to see the main character’s thinking first-hand and see how different it was from all the brilliant kids around him.
- Life of Pi – Inspirational, and sad, and hopeful. Loved it.
- All the paranormal romances – can’t get enough of those and the authors I name above are my favs. I consume their books.