Let’s celebrate the awesome month of October and one of my personal favorite holidays, Halloween!
October is one of my favorite months of the year. The weather finally cools down, but it’s not yet winter. The leaves change color. The apples are ready for picking. And, of course, it’s time for Halloween! I can’t stand that the PC Police keep watering down this holiday (Fall Festival? Really?) but, I refuse. This month, for me, is about pumpkin patches, and monsters, and costumes, and trick-or-treating.
So–in honor of my favorite month–I’ll be holding games and giveaways each week. Let’s have a Halloween Party!
Week 1 (Oct 4-10): Pumpkin Patch
- All about the pumpkins this week. Look for a blog post on the 4th kicking things off.
- Fun: Share images of pumpkin carvings (your own or really cool ones by others) to be entered in the raffle.
- Prize: It’s The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown (BlueRay) & $5 Amazon gift certificate
Week 2 (Oct 11-17): Monster Mash
- Let’s talk about our favorite Halloween monsters. Look for a blog post on the 11th kicking things off.
- Fun: Vote for your favorite Halloween monster or icon to be entered in the raffle.
- Prize: Sleepy Hollow (DVD) & $5 Amazon gift certificate
Week 3 (Oct 18-24): Best Costume Contest
- Let’s talk about our favorite Halloween costumes. Look for a blog post on the 18th kicking things off.
- Fun: Share your costume plans for this season or previous favorite costume to be entered in the raffle.
- Prize: T-Shirt – “This Is My Halloween Costume” & $5 Amazon gift certificate
Week 4 (Oct 27-31): Halloween Life Lessons (Blog Hop & Giveaways)
- Let’s talk about some life lessons we can glean from this holiday. Look for a blog post on the 27th kicking things off.
- Fun: Look for 2 giveaways. One from me via Rafflecopter. One that is blog-hop wide with a grand prize (also Rafflecopter)!
- My Prize: The Best of Halloween Tricks & Treats by Better Homes & Gardens & a $10 Amazon gift certificate (for your own treat).