The PRISM Award is a prestigious contest held annually by the fabulous Fantasy, Futuristic, & Paranormal (FF&P) chapter of Romance Writers of America (RWA). The contest is for published paranormal romance authors in multiple paranormal romance categories, plus the ‘Best First Book’ and ‘Best Book’ awards. All books are judged by peers in the paranormal romance genre, which makes it that much more special to me.
This year, I was thrilled to learn that I’m a double finalist! The Blood King is the second book in my Inferno Rising series. The Rogue King (book #1) placed 2nd in Dark Paranormal Romance last year, with The Rookie (Fire’s Edge #2) placing 1st in the same category. And Try As I Smite is in the same series as The Demigod Complex which placed 2nd in Novella in 2017. So wonderful to continue to see readers/judges enjoying all these series!
Winners will be announced in a virtual award ceremony via Zoom some time in July!
I was also thrilled to see the names of several friends and some of my favorite books of the year in the finalists list! Huge congrats to all the finalists in the various categories! And hooray!
2021 PRISM AWARDS FINALISTS
Finalists are listed in alphabetical order by book title. List also posted on the FF&P website.
* Indicates a tie in the category.
- Ancient Enemy by Katie Reus
- Ancient Protector by Katie Reus
- Hellishly Ever After by Nadine Mutas
- The Blood King by Abigail Owen
- Bones of Earth by Elizabeth Schechter
- Demon’s Bane by India Powers
- The Longing of Lone Wolves by Lana Pecherczyk
- Bishop’s Gambit by McKenna Dean
- Priceless by Catherine Stein
- Till Demon Do Us Part by AE Jones
- Salvation by Cassie Laelyn
- The Daughter’s Duty by Claire Leggett
- Try As I Smite by Abigail Owen
Sci-Fi & Futuristic*
- Captured by V. K. Ludwig
- Defending the Galaxy by Maria V. Snyder
- Lust by Lana Pecherczyk
- Tin Man by Ava Cuvay