I have been blogging as an author now since June 20th, 2012. Last year I did a 1 year retrospective which I stumbled across the other day. Out of curiosity, I compared to my current numbers to the numbers from 1 year ago, and I was very surprised. I had expected my numbers to basically double (year 2 and all), but it definitely did more than that. The former business analyst in me loves numbers so I thought I’d share the stats for year 2:
- 50561 – the total number of views in 2 years
- 5793 in year 2 alone
- Up almost 2.5x from 1st year of 14678
- Averaging 3000 views/month roughly
- Up from an average 1200/month in year 1
- May was my record month with over 5000 with June not far behind
I attribute much of the increase to Masquerade Crew and a lot of the promotions, tours, and syndicated posts I do with them
No major changes here:
- “Abigail Owen” or some variation on that is the top search word combination leading to the site.
- Google and Facebook remain my biggest sources for people to access the blog. Particularly Google.
- US is the top country of readers. No surprise there since I’m from the US. UK is right up there. Ukraine and Russia are 3 & 4. Australia is slowly moving up the list
106 posts in year 2 (up from 91 in year 1)
Most popular posts:
“Available Books” is the most visited “non-blog” related page on the website.
Interestingly, other than #1 this hasn’t changed since last year beyond the # of views.
- Tips for New Authors (1818 views – all this year)
- In the Homestretch of Self-Publishing (1785 views – only 25 views this year, so this one is finally slowing down)
- IPPY Winners Giveaway (1148 views – 900 in this year)
- Storyboarding Book #3 (774 views – 550 in this year)
- Crimson Dahlia Blog Tour Retrospective (306 views – all this year)
Leave a Comment