I have been blogging as an author now since June 20th, 2012. Last year I did a 1 year retrospective which I stumbled across the other day. Out of curiosity, I compared to my current numbers to the numbers from 1 year ago, and I was very surprised. I had expected my numbers to basically double (year 2 and all), but it definitely did more than that. The former business analyst in me loves numbers so I thought I’d share the stats for year 2:
- 50561 – the total number of views in 2 years
- 5793 in year 2 alone
- Up almost 2.5x from 1st year of 14678
- Averaging 3000 views/month roughly
- Up from an average 1200/month in year 1
- May was my record month with over 5000 with June not far behind
I attribute much of the increase to Masquerade Crew and a lot of the promotions, tours, and syndicated posts I do with them
No major changes here:
106 posts in year 2 (up from 91 in year 1)
Most popular posts:
“Available Books” is the most visited “non-blog” related page on the website.
Interestingly, other than #1 this hasn’t changed since last year beyond the # of views.