I am thrilled to announce that The Boss (Fire’s Edge #1) won the Dark Paranormal category for the 2019 PRISM Award!
Thrilled and shocked and honestly humbled. I read the finalist books and wow what a fantastic group of books to be included with. Readers, check out the list below and read them all. You will thank me!
A book is never written in a vacuum and I have people to thank!
A huge thank you to Eve who organized the contest this year. I’ve been a behind the scenes helper for Beth in the past and have an inkling of how much work it is. Thank you also to all the judges for taking the time to thoughtfully read and judge all the submissions. And especially to the judges who read and loved my book!!!
Thank you as always to the Fantasy, Futuristic & Paranormal (FF&P) chapter of RWA (Romance Writers of America) -for putting this awesome contest on each year. In you, I have found friendships and people who get me better than anyone.
Thank you to my editor, Heather Howland, for believing in my dragon shifters and discussing them with me on the phone for hours and hours, and emails and emails, and reining me in when you had to. You’re the reason I’m here. Thank you also to my team at Entangled. You do all the hard work to get my books in the hands of readers in such a brilliant and wonderful way. I appreciate you more than I can say.
Thank you to my agent Evan who talks me down, talks me through, talks me up, and does the leg work that makes my career move forward. You are the best!
Thank you to my critique partners, beta readers, and author friends who helped me with writing, editing, and releasing this book. Especially to Nicole Flockton, Anna J. Stewart, and Alyssa Day! Your friendship and love means the world!
Thank you to my family. You are my heart and soul and joy in this life. I wouldn’t be able to do this if you didn’t believe in me and support me. I love you so much!
Again, y’all. Go read ALL of these, and thank me later!
2019 PRISM WINNERS
Best of the Best
(Best of the 1st place winners)
Eight Simple Rules for Dating a Dragon by Kerrelyn Sparks
Best First Book
- Winner – Hunt the Moon by Kari Cole
- How to Seduce a Spy by Catherine Stein
- Don’t Call Me Cupcake by Tara Sheets
- 1st – The Boss (Fire’s Edge #1) by Abigail Owen
- 2nd – Hunt the Moon by Kari Cole
- 3rd (tie) – Pirate’s Passion by Lisa Kessler
- 3rd (tie) – Guardian of Darkness by Katie Reus
- 1st – Fate’s Fools by Ophelia Bell
- 2nd – In Heat by Rosalie Stanton
- 3rd (tie) – Love’s Inferno by Corrina Lawson
- 3rd (tie) – Midnight with the Devil by Emma Castle
- 1st – Thalgor’s Witch by Nancy Holland
- 2nd – Rurik: A Royal Dragon Romance by Emma Castle
- 3rd – Harbinger by Nicole Conway
- 1st – Eight Simple Rules for Dating a Dragon by Kerrelyn Sparks
- 2nd – Single White Incubus by E.J. Russell
- 3rd – Don’t Touch My Petunia by Tara Sheets
- 1st – Sentinel of Darkness by Katie Reus
- 2nd – Wolf’s Mate by Katie Reus
- 3rd – Creature by Kim Fielding
Sci Fi & Futuristic
- 1st – Cyborg by Anna Hackett
- 2nd – Implanted by Lauren C. Teffeau
- 3rd – Wretched by Cara Crescent
- 1st – How to Seduce a Spy by Catherine Stein
- 2nd – Specters of Nemesis by Karen Kincy
- 3rd – You Only Love Twice by Bec McMaster
- 1st – Storm Crossed by Dani Harper
- 2nd – Butterfly Ops: Book 1 by Jen Doyle
- 3rd – Daughter of Death by Lexi C. Foss
- 1st – Navigating the Stars by Maria V. Snyder
- 2nd – Fighting Fate by Shaila Patel
- 3rd – The Witch of the Meadows by Laurel Wanrow
Congratulations! Well deserved! You are right. You are in awesome company. I just finished Eight Simple Rules for Dating a Dragon. It was a hoot. Loved it as much as you book. Again Congrats!