In August of 2012 I self-published my first book, Blue Violet. I had written the first draft three years prior and then just sat on it. But in May of 2012 I found my editor (now beta reader and friend) Wendy and we started editing. I was in the middle of my MBA and working full time and a mommy, so I have no idea what the heck I was thinking, but that summer started me down a path that is a passion, and I haven’t looked back.
What’s happened in the 3 years since? How about a highlights reel?
- August 2012: Self-Published Blue Violet (Svatura #1)
- February 2013: Self-Published Hyacinth (Svatura #2)
- May 2013: Blue Violet Placed 3rd in IPPY Awards for Best Fantasy/SciFi/Horror eBook
- July 2013: Graduated with EMBA from Sacramento State
- August 2013: Self-Published Crimson Dahlia (Svatura #3)
- October 2013: Here, Kitty Kitty, a Multi-Author Paranormal Romance Anthology Published (Shadowcat Nation Prequel Story – Hannah’s Fate)
- November 2013: Completed 1st NaNoWriMo – Andromeda’s Fall
- February 2014: Self-Published Andromeda’s Fall (Shadowcat Nation #1)
- April 2014: Blue Violet Placed 3rd in eLit Awards for Best Fantasy/SciFi
- May 2014: Reaching Out, a Multi-Author Contemporary Romance Anthology Published
- May 2014: Self-Published Black Orchid (Svatura #4)
- June 2014: Contracted Andromeda’s Fall with The Wild Rose Press
- August 2014: Completed Saving the Sheriff (1st Contemporary Romance)
- November 2014: Completed 2nd NaNoWriMo (Falling for Kate)
- November 2014: Contracted Sarai’s Fortune with Wild Rose Press
- December 2014: Andromeda’s Fall Published With Wild Rose Press
- January 2015: Start Position as RWA Contemporary Romance Online Chapter VP of Communications
- January 2015: Contracted Svatura Series with The Wild Rose Press
- May 2015: Sarai’s Fortune (Shadowcat Nation #2) Published with Wild Rose Press
- July 2015: Contracted Tieryn’s Fury (Shadowcat Nation #3) with Wild Rose Press
- July 2015: Andromeda’s Fall Placed 1st in RWA FF&P Prism Awards for Dark Paranormal Romance
What do I see upcoming? Hard to tell. Here’s what’s in the current mix of thoughts:
- Release all 4 Svatura series novels with Wild Rose Press (Coming Soon!!!)
- Publish Tieryn’s Fury (Shadowcat Nation #3)
- Write and (hopefully) contract/publish Seneca’s Faith (Shadowcat Nation #4)
- A 4-book spinoff series from the Shadowcat Nation series is a possibility
- Do something with those contemporary romances already completed (pending query responses and potential revisions)
- A continuation or short story set for the Svatura series is a thought
- I have a new dragon series in my head, we’ll see about that one.
- I may do a short story series of contemporaries – I really enjoy that length.
What a ride?!?! I still love doing this and the stories pop into my head faster than I can get them on paper, so I’ll be doing it a while I think. Here’s to another great 3 years!
A Look Back!! I’m so impressed with all you’ve done. What tenacity, and love of writing you have. Abigail, you are a true inspiration.
My best, Jeane
Thanks so much Jeane! It’s certainly a passion. 🙂